School Ambassador: We devided into 3 ambassadors: Reading Ambassador, Language Ambassador and Adiwiyata Ambassador.
The Adiwiyata Program is a step to create a school that has commitment to educate students who were care and cultured environment (KLH, 2013). Adiwiyata Program provided award on a graded from Adiwiyata School at City / District level, Province, National and Mandiri. The Adiwiyata Mandiri Award awarded to schools that have been awarded as National Adiwiyata Schools and have at least 10 school impact (founding schools) that minimum earned Adiwiyata District /City (KLH, 2013). The Principles of Adiwiyata Program placed on two basic principles: (1) Participatory: School communities involved in school management which covering the whole process of planning, implementation and evaluation according to the responsibilities and the roles, (2) Sustainability: All activities must be planned and continuously comprehensive (Barkatin, 2016).
So these 3 ambassadors will represent the school and support the school programmes. These ambassadors also will have to come out with initiative program that they need to do for one year academic. They also have to campaign reading, language and adiwiyata as an important role at school.
There are the steps to become an ambassador:
- Students need to write down an essay English or Indonesia (minimum 700 words) about why do they chose one of the ambassador, short program that will they do. (selected)
- Interviewed by Principal and Vice Principals.
- Campaign (with poster and video duration 1 minute) posted at personal Instagram and tag into school instagram. They will need to campaign again LIVE at instagram to win the crowd. All students are obligated to watch at instagram.
- E-Lection. The election will held in each class by online using Google Form.
- The Chosen Ambassador based on the total poin (Writing Essay, Video Campaign, Interview and Election by students).